Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Roadblock

I'm on this journey toward better health, and yes, having confidence that losing weight is going to come along with it. Today is day 10 since I began this journey again, and it's a roadblock day.

I'm not quite sure what's in me today.  Maybe today is the day I'm hitting that first roadblock, where my body is beginning to realize what I'm doing and it's staging it's own little rebellion. You know what I'm talking about--you begin to make those health changes, are feeling good about yourself, then--BAM! Body realizes--hey! where's the sugar? Where's the salt? WHERE'S MY FRENCH FRIES? Where's all this water coming from? Why is she walking this much?

So it starts about 4 a.m. this morning--phase one of the rebellion--"let's send a little extra reflux her way."  Yeah, that's fun--so now you're up, looking for the back-up antacid until it's time to take the Prilosec, drinking water to try to dilute, eating a bowl of cereal trying to absorb--anything! Then--too late to go back to sleep, so let's get the day started. But then body stages  phase 2--I don't wanna do anything! Then phase 3--since she's tired already, won't be too hard to get a little crying jag going here--and let the waterworks begin!

So today didn't start so great, but instead of succumbing, instead of deciding to just stay in the bed, pull the shades, and just let it overtake me like I would have in the past--today I got up, and took it one step at a time--my first lesson learned in therapy. (More about the therapy journey soon)  Get dressed. Eat. Get out of the house and get one errand done--I actually did two.  And, when I got back home, I felt a little better--so I launched my phase of attack--water, MOVE the body, SWEAT!  Guess what? I'm feeling better! So, maybe this will be a good Tuesday, after all, and I'll get around this roadblock!


No comments:

Post a Comment